- How to starts a new topic in Forums for ... (19736 views)
- How to enable Forums for a Group in Metro ... (11253 views)
- Mentioning other users (the equivalent of posting on their ... (9928 views)
- Where has the wire gone? (9645 views)
- Using Privacy Control (9314 views)
- Where has the wire gone? (2011-06-10 08:50)
- Mentioning other users (the equivalent of posting on their ... (2011-06-10 08:25)
- How to starts a new topic in Forums for ... (2011-06-10 08:12)
- How to enable Forums for a Group in Metro ... (2011-06-10 03:23)
- Using Privacy Control (2011-06-09 09:34)
Where has the wire gone?
The wire from the old 1.1.3 version of Metrocommunity has been left out of version 2 of the software by the developer for whatever reason. They have decided to make the software more twitter-like rather than facebook wall style.
What was previously the Wire is now spread out across 3 different information filters.
- Personal: Your activity on the site and status updates
- Friends: Your friends' activity and their updates and messages to you
- Mentions: only a list of messages posted to you
You can communicate messages to your friends by Mentioning them. You can do a status update and start it with @ in front of their username (e.g. @admin) and your status update becomes a post to your friend. Or you can Go to their profile page and click the blue "Mention <user>" button next to their avatar.
9646/48%Last update: 2011-06-10 08:50
You cannot comment on this entry