ADMINISTRATION STAFF WANTED!
Metropolis is seeking a bilingual (Japanese/English), full-time admin and human resources person to join our growing team. We are accepting both experienced and entry level applicants. If you’re excited at the prospect of working in a fast-paced, multi-lingual English-language media environment and you have fantastic people skills then we’d love to hear from you!
※ We are only accepting applicants within Japan with a valid working visa and can start immediately from September.
- Handling general administration and office responsibilities;
- Assisting the Chief Operating Officer;
- Supporting invoicing and accounting duties;
- Assisting basic HR duties;
- Organizing the distribution and subscription of Metropolis magazine;
- Supporting Metropolis Classifieds.
- Bilingual in English and Japanese;
- Excellent organizational, planning and follow-through skills;
- Multi-tasking efficiently through many projects and tasks;
- Excellent communication skills and works well in a team;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Must be very familiar with Word and Excel;
To apply, send a letter of introduction and your resume in English and Japanese to email@example.com.
SOCIAL MEDIA INTERN WANTED!
Metropolis is looking for a Social Media intern to help grow the magazine’s online presence. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to work in a fast-paced media environment and harness a critical 21st century marketing skill set in a professional setting.
※ We are only accepting applicants who are residing in Japan. This is an unpaid internship, but transportation will be covered.
Social Media Intern
- Contribute to Social Media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including;
- Curating relevant content to reach Metropolis’ target audience;
- Writing editorial content for online purposes;
- Monitor, listen to and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads for future content;
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions;
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts;
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising Social Media campaigns;
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of Social Media programs. Analyze, review, and report on thee effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios;
- Excellent writing and language skills;
- Working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to Metropolis’ field;
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format;
- Good technical understanding, and ability to pick up new tools quickly.
To apply, send a letter of introduction and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Metropolis is looking for a bilingual (E/J) Sales Executive to join the most successful English language advertising team in Japan. Great opportunity to work in advertising (online and paper) in an exciting media environment. If you have an interest in advertising sales and you’ve got the skill, style and confidence then you may be just what we’re looking for!
To apply, send both your English and Japanese resume to email@example.com.
Metropolis is looking for reliable bilingual (English/Japanese) interns to join Japan’s number one English magazine. Positions are available in the following departments: editorial, classifieds, admin&distribution, and sales. Great opportunity to learn about the publishing industry in a fun international environment.
To apply, e-mail both your English and Japanese resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.